Join us on leisurely guided rides around Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Family Rides is a cycling group organised by Sustrans Scotland aimed at families around Edinburgh. Our rides are open to all and organised to be suitable for families and children.
- The rides are family friendly.
- All children need to be accompanied by parent or carer.
- You will need to bring your own bike and make sure it is in good working order.
- Please make sure you are suitably dressed for the weather.
- It is a good idea to bring a drink, snacks, and sunscreen (in case we are lucky enough to have sunny weather!)
- Please be prompt at the start so we can get going on time.
- Start and finished times include time to have an ice cream, coffee, or play on the beach in Portobello.
We will meet at the junction of Middle Meadow Walk and East Meadow Walk at 11am. If you are early then please feel free to join me for a coffee and a biscuit at Peter’s Yard café just up from here, where I will be waiting beforehand.
From the corner of Middle Meadow Walk we will travel along NCN-1 eastbound through the Meadows, through some quiet side roads around St Leonard’s eventually joining the Innocent Railway cycle path towards Portobello. At the Magdalene’s we will leave the Innocent Cycle Path (NCN-1) and work our way through the side streets towards Milton Road (A1). We will cross this at the crossing before joining a local cycle path which will take us up Hope Lane towards Portobello High Street. After crossing Portobello High Street we will turn down Bellfield Street and finally turn left onto Portobello Promenade, finally ending at The Beach House café for an ice cream and a play on the beach! We aim to be eating ice cream by 1pm