If you’ve never heard of Forfar Funduro you’re in for a treat!
As a Mountain Biker you probably already know what an Enduro is; it’s the Multi-Stage race format that’s sweeping the Mountain Bike World at the moment due to its laid back “blast-to-the-bottom-cruise-to-the-top” vibe.
Enduro is very much like having a ride with your mates, you blether together on the way up the climbs as you know you’re not being timed, catch your breath at the top and enjoy the view. Then, one-by-one you hammer your bikes down some Muckin’ Awesome trails to the bottom – against the clock.
After that, you re-group and head to the next timed stage to do it all again. Repeat several times as required, return to base at the end of the day and when you find out who’s fastest the excuses come out.
Some Enduros are ridden blind while others allow riders some practice and there’s a valid argument for both. So, what could possibly be more fun than an Enduro? A Funduro of course!
What the Muck is a Funduro we hear you ask – please ask that question very carefully. We don’t want our mords getting wuddled up with that one, do we? It’s an Enduro that’s FUN, plain and simple.
The trails at Forfar Funduro are so good in fact Enduro Magazine described them as “metre for metre up there with the best in the world”. High praise indeed and you’ll get to ride each stage twice during the day you Lucky Muckers!
Crammed to the brim with the usual quality riding you’ve come to expect at any Muckmedden event, the stages have pumps, jumps, berms, warp-speed singletrack, roots and everything else you could possibly hope for……….oh, and a hilarious Dual Slalom Stage that runs right into the centre of the Angus Cycling Festival Event Village and gets the spectators (and the riders) just a wee bit excited!
Sorry, didn’t we mention that? Forfar Funduro is part of The Angus Cycling Festival and there is a whole weekend of other activities and races going on with something for all ages and abilities. Why not bring friends and family or round up a crew of mates and make a weekend of it??? For details on other activities going on check out www.anguscyclingfestival.co.uk
What to expect
- Short but oh-so-sweet timed stages
- Some of the most FUN riding you’ll find anywhere on the planet
- Head2Head Dual Slalom Stage into the event village!
- Compact course with easy access to the event village for spectators and riders
- Challenging and fun for every rider without being soul destroying tough and technical
- Stunning Views
- Part of Angus Cycling Festival
- Loads of other family friendly bike stuff going on throughout the weekend including the Stunt Airbag sessions, Pump track racing, Junior MTB racing, ladies group rides, Circus Skills workshops and much more
- Rider Skill: Competent Novice to Advanced
- Rider Fitness: Contains medium intensity off-road climbs of up to 10 - 15 mins in duration and would suit people who ride off-road regularly
- Trail Grade: Red with Black-graded features including large, roll-able bike park style jumps and kickers
- Bike: Hardtail or Full-Suspension
- Overall distance: Between 10 and 15 miles approximately