For the 2019 Power of Food Festival we at Edinburgh Family Cycles are organising a guided bike ride from Victoria Park to two of the wonderful community gardens involved in this festival. We will be stopping at North Edinburgh Arts, and Granton: Hub community gardens where you can explore the gardens, learn more about these amazing projects, and grab a bite to eat or a coffee.
Timings: 10:00 – 15:00
Moving Time: 1h 45min
Start Point: Jac’s Coffee, Victoria Park
End Point: Jac’s Coffee, Victoria Park
Distance: 6.5 miles / 10.5 km
Difficulty: Easy / Medium – Suitable for all riders. Largely off-road on dedicated cycleways, and some quieter roads.
Ethos and Rules:
- The rides are family friendly.
- All children need to be accompanied by parent or carer.
- You will need to bring your own bike and make sure it is in good working order.
- Please make sure you are suitably dressed for the weather.
- It is a good idea to bring a drink, snacks, and sunscreen (in case we are lucky enough to have sunny weather!)
- Please be prompt at the start so we can get going on time.
For more information and sign-up, please visit our website: